July 31, 2012

{Tuesday's Tip} Waste Not

Recently I had a lot of leftover bread pieces from several different loaves of bread (for some reason my family doesn't always eat the loaf ends).  It was time to either give the bread away or throw it away, so we opted to go feed it to the ducks!


Feeding the ducks is a great summer time activity.  It gets both you and yours kids out of the house and enjoying nature!  We are lucky to have a couple dams near by that always have ducks.  But if you have trouble finding some, look for the little canals, streams, or ponds that ducks would love.


To be honest, it took me a few days before we actually went and fed the ducks.  But I had my bag of bread already to go so that I'd be able to grab it and go when I was ready.


This is a cheap and easy activity too because you can either use leftovers (as long as their safe for birds to eat) or sometimes there are bird-food dispensers that only take a dime or quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...