June 19, 2012

{Tuesday's Tip} Be Prepared

I love summer time. 

There are so many fun things to do outdoors! When enjoying the outdoors there are a few things you should always have on hand when you're with your kids.

If you keep these items in your car, then you will be prepared for any adventure to the park, zoo, mountains, etc.


Here's my  list of "go-to" essentials for the car:
Sunscreen
Bug spray
Wipes (or hand sanitizer)
Snacks
First aid kit with lots of bandaids
Water (I keep my Camelbak in the car filled with water)
Coins 

The last one might not seem that essential, but I keep quarters and dimes in my car for a couple reasons.

{ #1}  Depending on the trip, I give my kids the chance to earn a little spending money while we're traveling. Money can be a great incentive and it can be used to teach so many useful life lessons.

            {#2}  Some of the small and simple activities use coins, so their great to have on hand. For example: duck or fish food, candy machines, small kiddie rides, smashing a penny, parking meter, lemonade stands on the side of the road, etc.

I try to have these essentials in my car whenever I travel. I use my camelbak as a little backpack to keep everything organized. It is so convenient to grab one bag and take it with us on any of our little outings. It makes summer activities so easy and stress-free because you know you are already prepared!

So, get packed and have some fun summer adventures outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...