April 19, 2012

Wet & Rainy Wednesday


We woke up yesterday morning and it was RAINING!

After I sent my kids off to school I thought it would be fun to have a "Rain Day" planned for them when they got home.

My "Rain Day" activity was super simple. I had the song "Singing in the Rain" playing as the kids came in the door.  I also had our boots and umbrellas laid out with this Umbrella Time poem.  

Yes, I wrote the poem myself. And, no. I'm not a professional poet. :)



Then we simply put on rain our gear and went out to PLAY!  

We sang, danced, and jumped, jumped, jumped! 


 When we were good and wet (and a little chilly) we came in for some hot chocolate and grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for dinner.


It was so fun to interact with my kids and enjoy the beauty of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...