September 3, 2012

Healthy Fruity Ice Cream

I LOVE ice cream!  So listen to how great this is....milk free, yummy, healthy, with-no-added-sugar ice cream!  Plus it is SUPER EASY to make.  You don't get better then that, right?! 


There is a machine out there called Yonana's and it uses frozen bananas to get the creamy ice cream texture instead of milk.  Then you add other fruits as desired.

So I thought...why buy one more machine to clutter my house just for this one yummy snack?  So I tried it in my ordinary blender and it worked perfectly! :)

So what you need is frozen bananas because they are the key ingredient to give a thick creamy delicious flavor.  Just take a ripe banana and peel off the skin.  Then cut banana into chunks and freeze.  Next you'll also want to freeze the other fruits you will be adding to your ice cream, like mango's, strawberries, pineapple, etc. (I tried a mango-strawberry blend, and it was delish!)


To make the ice cream, simply put 1 frozen banana and other frozen fruit into your blender and blend until creamy.  I defrosted my fruit first for about 30 minutes in the microwave to make it a little easier to blend and less icy.

And...that's it!  Looks just like ice cream, it tastes creamy just like ice cream, but you know that it's so healthy for you!  Amazing!  This is a great family treat and a good alternative rather than just making smoothies all the time.

Have a happy and safe Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...