August 6, 2012

Easy Flannel Board Stories

You probably thought I'd be done with flannel boards by now...but there are just so many great crafts and activities that you can do with flannel boards!


Today I'm sharing how to make the quickest and easiest flannel board figures ever!  All you need is some Pellon, a permanent marker, crayons, and pictures from a coloring book or story.


So the first thing you need is the Pellon.  You can purchase Pellon at the fabric store, it is sold on the bolt like other fabric.  Pellon comes in different thicknesses.  I prefer the type that is light weight but pretty stiff.

Once you have your Pellon, place it over the picture you want to create, get your black permanent marker and simply trace the picture and then color it in.  


I like to use crayons to color on Pellon.  You can use markers but they tend to be messier and smear. 


When you've finished coloring your picture, you can cut it out.  Now your picture is ready to use on your flannel board!

With Pellon, you can make all kinds of characters and pictures to use in telling a story or singing a song.  FOr instance, you can make five monkeys for the song "Five Little Monkeys," or farm animals for "Old McDonald."  It would be fun to turn a favorite picture book into a flannel board story as well.

With older kids, they can trace and color the pictures themselves--it could keep them entertained for hours!


See, I told you it was quick and easy. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind but I shared this link on my blog about a colorful storytime for toddlers. http://thesarahstorytime.blogspot.com/2014/09/colorful-storytime-for-2s-and-3s.html

    If you want me to remove it, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...