November 5, 2012

Thankful Chain

Beginning November 1st, my family and I started a thankful chain.


I cut strips of construction paper from several different autumn colors.  Every night before bed time we gather as a family and write something on a slip of paper we are thankful for that day.  Then we loop and staple the paper strips together to form a paper chain. The paper chain is decorating my banister and grows each day as we add to it. By Thanksgiving we hope to have a long chain of the many things we are thankful for.
 

My plan is to read all the paper strips together as a family on Thanksgiving day.  It is nice to be reminded of simple things we take for granted on a regular basis.

To give you an example of what things we are thankful for at our house, here are some of the things we have added to the thankful chain so far:

  • Glad to have a car
  • I like music class at school
  • Thankful for my job
  • I have good friends
  • Enjoy watching movies as a family
  • My monster high doll
  • Safety in traveling
  • I am thankful for heat in our home
  • I LOVE my bed at night!  (I am grateful for this every busy day!!). (Haha!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...